Monday, March 8, 2010

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

shared by Cori H.
(This a great, recipe for mashed potatoes. I often will make them ahead and put in a 9x13 pan and warm up in the oven with my main dish, which is usually "Prize Winning Meatloaf."

Ingredients:
5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed (I use the Yukon gold potatoes from Aldi and don't peel them)
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
½ c. milk
2 T. butter
1 ½ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
¼ c. chopped green onions, optional (I don't include)
1/8 t. paprika, optional (I don't include)

Directions:
1. Place potatoes and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
4. Drain well.
5. Place potatoes and garlic in a mixing bowl.
6. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth with hand mixer.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired.

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...