Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cheeseburger Casserole

shared by Cori H.
(This recipe reminded me of the taste of shepherd's pie. I served it with hot bread and green beans.)
Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 t. salt
dash of pepper
½ c. bread crumbs (I used 2 toasted pieces of bread which I ground in the blender)
1 egg
tomato juice to moisten (I used ½ can of tomato paste mixed with equal portion of water)
4 ½ c. mashed potatoes (I used instant and followed pkg directions to make 4 ½ c. quantity)
9 slices of American cheese (I used shredded cheddar)
Directions:
1.Combine beef, onions, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg, and tomato juice. Place one third of the mixture in slow cooker.
2.Spread with one-third of mashed potatoes and 3 slices of cheese. Repeat 2 times.
3.Cover. Cook on low 3 hours.

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...