Monday, August 27, 2012

Mike's Cheeseburger Soup

shared by Patty H (whose friend Mike shared it with us.  I haven't made it yet but Mike insists that it is wonderful!  I thought with fall coming up, I would go ahead and post it now.  Enjoy!)


Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
3 T. butter or oil
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup flour
8 oz. Velveeta cheese
1 1/4 cups milk
1 T. basil
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

  1. Brown beef in a large pan, drain and set aside.
  2. Add the butter to the same pan and saute onions, carrots, celery and basil for about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in flour; then add the broth, potatoes and beef.
  4. Cover and reduce heat.  Simmer until potatoes are tender – about 15 minutes.
  5. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.  Cook and stir until cheese melts.
  6. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
Note: I don't normally get Velveeta so I think I will try using shredded cheese in it when I make it. ph

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...