Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crockpot Pizza

shared by Patty H. (a favorite of the Hallam clan)

 Ingredients:
1 ½ lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ pkg. sliced pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni for a little healthier version.)
2/3  box rigatoni noodles, cooked (I use the smaller mini penne noodles, Barilla brand)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms, drained, optional  (I don’t use this)
2 cans pizza sauce (I use the 24 oz. Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce, very yummy!)
(can also use 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce + 3-4 tsp. Italian Seasoning + ½ - 1 tsp.  garlic powder)

 Directions:
1.      Alternate layers in crock pot as follows:  hamburger, noodles, cheese, soup, mushrooms, onions, sauce and pepperoni. 
2.      Heat 4 hours on low in crock pot. 

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...