Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Salsa Fresca

shared by Patty H. (This is an easy salsa recipe to put together and one that we have enjoyed. Dawson (age 8) can consume half a batch by himself. :)
Ingredients:

3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used dried; 1/4 tsp. = 1 clove)
2 to 3 fresh jalapeƱo peppers, ribs removed, seeded and finely chopped *
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I used dried, approx. or more, to taste)
salt to taste (I used 3/4 tsp.)
Directions:

In large glass bowl, combine all ingredients and season to taste with salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour.  This will keep for several days covered in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 cups
* Note: I used mild jalapeno peppers from my garden so adjust number used according to the strength of your peppers.

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...