Thursday, February 16, 2012

Patty's Cashew Chicken

shared by Patty H. (This isn't my original recipe but Donna's Cashew Chicken can also be found on this website so I named it to let you know the difference.)
Ingredients:

3  lbs. boneless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
1 med. green pepper, cut into 3/4" pieces (I used frozen red, green & yellow pepper strips)
3 green onions, bias sliced into 1" lengths (I used regular onion slivers)

 Sauce:

1 can chicken broth
1/2 c. water (I didn’t use because we like a thicker sauce)
1 ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. lemon pepper

Directions:
  1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
  2. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
  3. Stir fry green peppers, green onions. Remove them from skillet.
  4. Cook chicken pieces in skillet until they are no longer pink.
  5. Add vegetables and sauce mixture; cook until thick and bubbly.
  6. Add cashews.
  7. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...