Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chick Pea Burgers

shared by Cori H.
Ingredients:
1 – 16 oz. garbanzo beans (chick-peas) rinsed, drained and mashed (I pureed in my blender)
½ c. finely chopped red onion
½ c. finely chopped celery (I used ½ T. celery salt)
1 c.  dry bread crumbs (I toasted 4 slices homemade bread and pureed in blender)
½ c. tomato sauce
1 T. Dijon mustard (I used yellow prepared mustard)
1T. Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
2 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ cup minced fresh parsley (I did not use this ingredient)
The recipe says:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. 
  2. Combine all ingredients and form into patties.
  3. Place on sprayed baking sheet. Cover with foil.
  4. Bake 30 min. Uncover and bake for 5-10 min until brown.
Here’s what I did:
  1. Heat electric skillet to 350.
  2. Flattened a scoop of the mixture into a patty in my hand.
  3. Fry 8 patties at a time on the electric skillet until brown on both sides.
  4. Serve with carrot sticks, chips of choice and ketchup for dipping.

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...