Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bacon Walnut Green Beans

shared by Patty H.
(This was on the back of the frozen green bean package. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. The beans kept their bright green color and it was a change from having a lot of liquid.)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 T. olive oil
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (I used the garlic flakes - just about 1/4 tsp.)
1/4 cup. chopped walnuts (I used them because I had them but I think slivered almonds would also taste great.)
16 oz. package of frozen cut green beans
2 oz. of bacon, cooked and diced (I used 2 slices of the microwave bacon, drained on paper towels - lots less grease.)
salt to taste (It does need salt. I use the Morton Coarse Kosher Salt.)

Directions:
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil with garlic and walnuts on medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add green beans. Toss and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
3. Add bacon, stir and season with salt and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...