Tuesday, January 17, 2012

World's Best Broccoli

shared by Billi M.
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 425.
  2. Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches), cut into florets but relatively big ones. Dry them THOROUGHLY. That is, if you wash them.
  3. Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Put the broccoli on the foil. 
  4. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. ( 5 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, but I just eyeballed it.) Add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too.
  5. Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until “crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
  6. When it’s done, take it out of the oven–and here’s where it gets really good–zest a lemon over the broccoli,( I just used lemon juice) squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1 ½  Tablespoons more olive oil, and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Note: I had to put this back in the oven to get it out of reach after I had taste tested it...and I don't typically like veggies!  Amazing!

No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...