12-15 slices bacon, chopped (I used turkey bacon cut up with scissors)
3 TBS butter
1 onion, chopped
2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
5 red potatoes, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 t balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chopped bacon, drain.
- Saute onion in butter 5 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, green beans, potatoes, garlic and broth.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.