1 boxed carrot cake mix, baked in a 9x13 pan according to pkg. directions & cooled
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
10.6 oz Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting (Vanilla can be substituted)
6 oz of whipped cream cheese
½ cup caramel sundae sauce
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Bake and cool the cake according to the package directions.
- Leave the cake in the baking dish.
- Using a the handle of a wooden spoon, poke about 20-25 holes in the cake making sure to evenly distribute them.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the cake.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cool whip, frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.