1 ½ c flour
1 ½ c sugar
1 c butter, softened
1 t salt
4 T lemon juice
2 T lemon zest plus more for icing
2 ½ c confectioners’ sugar
1/3 c lemon juice (plus zest)
½ t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Beat flour, white sugar, butter, and sea salt together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Whisk eggs, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoon lemon zest together in a separate bowl; mix into flour mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Cool until bottom of dish is warm to the touch.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, 1/3 cup lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest (to taste) together in a bowl until smooth; spread over brownies.