12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
8-10 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, sliced (I didn't use.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small chunks seasoned with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I think this is what gave it the great flavor!)
1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add in finely chopped onion and mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms are tender. Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add in chicken chunks and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour in the pan.
- Add in 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine and whisk out any flour clumps. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until the sauce starts to thicken, about five minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onions back in. Reduce heat to low. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve over egg noodles.