Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4-6 depending on size)
3 tablespoons oil
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1½ teaspoons ground coriander
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons curry powder (didn't use because I didn't have any but tasted fine anyway)
½ cup canned coconut milk
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
fresh lime wedges, for garnish
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
1 cup jasmine rice
1 cup canned coconut milk, light or regular
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together oil, zest of lime and lime juice, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, salt, sugar, curry powder and coconut milk. Place into a gallon sized bag with chicken and let marinade for at least 2 hours up to 6 hours.
2. To make the coconut rice: Bring rice, water, coconut milk, and salt to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low continuing to cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes and fluff with fork before serving.
3. Grill the chicken on each side for about 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink and cooked throughout.(Note: I didn't grill the chicken. I just cooked it on low in a skillet on top of the stove, turning it once. It was very tender.)
4. Pour the marinade sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken before serving and garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Serve over coconut rice. (P.S. I also sprinkled a few cashews over the top just because I had them and like them. :)