Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (granulated)
1 T. vanilla
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (* I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Melt butter in microwave
2. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Add brown sugar and white sugar to melted butter and beat until smooth.
4. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
5. Add about HALF of the chocolate chips to the dough now.
6. Put aside remaining chocolate chips in a small bowl to use for topping.
7. Put the bowl of dough in the fridge for about an hour.
8. Use a scoop to measure out balls which are uniform in size. This will prevent some from over-baking while others are undercooked.
9. Dip the top of the ball into the bowl of reserved chocolate chips. Place a couple of inches apart on your baking sheet
10. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree for about 13 minutes. Remove them when the tops are just the tiniest bit shiny.