4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used enough chicken tenders to cover the bottom of the pan)
2-15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1-4 oz. can diced, mild green chiles, drained
1-15.25 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-14.5 oz. can chicken broth
1/2 to 1 whole onion, diced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cilantro
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 T. lime juice
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour mixture over chicken
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks; return chicken to slow cooker.
- Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sliced avocados is desired.