2 medium onions, halved and sliced
4 apples, cored and quartered (peeled, optional)
1 pork loin roast, 3 ½ - 4 pounds
kosher salt and pepper
4-6 carrots, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces, or 20 baby carrots
1 cup new potatoes or red potatoes, quartered (1 inch pieces)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped herbs such as thyme and parsley
2 cups apple cider
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Arrange onions and apples on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rub pork roast with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker on top of the onions and apples.
- Place carrots and potatoes around roast. Sprinkle the roast with garlic and herbs.
- Combine the cider, vinegar, ginger and brown sugar and pour alongside the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Note from Dara: This was moist and delicious!! I omitted the thyme, parsley & ginger simply because I didn't have them. :)