Monday, February 3, 2014

Crockpot Asian Beef and Broccoli

shared by Dara P.


Ingredients:
3 pounds beef, sliced (I cut up a roast and trimmed away ALL the fat)
3 cups beef stock
1 1/3 cups soy sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 T. sesame seeds
6 cloves garlic, minced
5 T. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. flour
3 pounds frozen broccoli


Directions:
  1. Combine beef stock, soy sauce and brown sugar until well dissolved.
  2. Add sesame seeds and garlic to the mixture. Give it a quick stir.
  3. Add beef to crockpot and cover with the mixture.
  4. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours. (I cooked it on high for 4 hours so it was ready for lunch).
  5. Remove 5 T. of sauce from the crockpot. Put in a small bowl.
  6. Add flour and cornstarch to the sauce and whisk well.
  7. Add mixture back to the crockpot and stir.
  8. Add broccoli and cover. (I actually just steamed my broccoli and added it to my rice.)
  9. Allow to cook for another hour.
  10. Serve over rice.
Note: This is for large families (of 7 or more) so this made enough for us to have 2 full meals with 5 people eating.  I made a "yellow" rice to go with it.


No comments:

Easy Rice Pilaf for Two

 submitted by Patty H. (I tried this for the first time this week and it truly was easy and delicious!) Ingredients: 1/2 cup long grain whit...